Shattuck Paving Warranty
One Year Standard Limited Warranty
Shattuck Paving warrants to Owner that the Work performed by contractor to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from Service Date.
This standard limited warranty applies and is specifically limited as follows:
- To the Work for a period of one years from the completion date or until the premises are transferred or conveyed by the Owner to a subsequent owner, whichever first occurs.
- To the Work that has not been subject to accidents, misuse or ordinary wear and tear.
- To the Work that has not been modified, altered, defaced or had repairs made or attempted by others than Contractor or it’s designated agents.
- That Contractor is immediately notified in writing within (10) days of first knowledge of defect by Owner or his agent or within (10) days that defect should reasonable have been known to Owner with reasonable inspection.
- That Contractor shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective work at no cost to Owner within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall Contractor or it’s designated agents be liable by virtue of this Standard Limited Warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of defect in the work.
- Exclusions from Standard Limited Warranty:
- Material covered by manufacturer warranty and recurring maintenance items.
- Material furnished by Owner for installation and pre-existing material.
- Damage resulting from flooding, natural disasters.
- Minor deviations not material in nature.
- Naturally occurring degradation of material due normal wear and tear.
- Movement in asphalt during freeze and thaw cycles
- Hydrostatic pressure caused by underground water under asphalt which can cause heaving and cracking driveway